Part I Music for Musician contains the following works:
1. Simon Steen-Andersen's Black Box Music (2012) for performer, ensemble and video.
2. Simon Steen-Andersen's In Her Frown (2010) for two performers.
3. Trond Reinholdtsen's Percussion Sonata nr.1, Inferno (2013), for solo performer.
4. Erik Dæhlin's Absence is the Only Real (2014), for solo performer.
5. Lene Grenager's The Operation (2011), for soloist and ensemble.
Håkon Stene is a Norwegian percussionist performing, recording and producing in a variety of contexts internationally. He has a PhD in artistic research from the Norwegian Academy of Music, and is a professor of percussion studies at the Staatliche Hochschule für Musik in Freiburg, Germany.