Part I Music for Musician contains the following works:
1. Simon Steen-Andersen's Black Box Music (2012) for performer, ensemble and video.
2. Simon Steen-Andersen's In Her Frown (2010) for two performers.
3. Trond Reinholdtsen's Percussion Sonata nr.1, Inferno (2013), for solo performer.
4. Erik Dæhlin's Absence is the Only Real (2014), for solo performer.
5. Lene Grenager's The Operation (2011), for soloist and ensemble.
Håkon Stene is a Norwegian percussionist specializing in contemporary music performance. In addition to performing and recording in a variety of contexts throughout Europe, he is currently involved in the artistic research program at the Norwegian Academy of Music. From 2017 he is appointed professor of percussion studies at the Staatliche Hochschule für Musik Freiburg, Germany.